Although this nutritious soup calls for spinach, it’s equally tasty with Swiss chard. A delicious home for your garden greens. Amounts can be easily doubled.
Alexandra’s Lebanese Lentil SoupOctober 2, 2014 Print
Recipe courtesy of Valerie Mansour
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown lentils
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach with stems, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil lentils in large pot in water until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and cook garlic and onions until onions are lightly browned, stirring often.
- When lentils are done, add spinach as well as onions, garlic and oil. Stir well.
- Add lemon juice and let simmer another 20 minutes.
- Season as desired and serve hot.
Beef and barley are meant for each other. The addition of wine in the broth makes this sou...
This classic soup never goes out of style. Remember, the better your beef broth, the bette...
Simple, yet delicious. If your garden is overflowing with butternut squash, this is the so...
A perennial favourite. There’s nothing like a chicken and veggie soup to warm your body ...
An exotic addition to your soup repertoire. Fun to make and it presents so well!...