A warm twist on a church social favourite.
Bacon Asparagus Roll UpsJune 4, 2019 Print
- 6 slices bacon
- 24 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 225 g cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped fine
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Cook bacon in deep skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- When bacon cools, crumble, and set aside.
- Place asparagus in large skillet and with 2 cm water. Simmer over medium heat, covered, until bright green and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- In bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Roll each bread slice with rolling pin on a work surface until thin and flat.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice.
- Center 2 asparagus spears on bread slice, and roll the slice around the asparagus into a tidy, compact cylinder. Place seam side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush each roll with melted butter and sprinkle with about 1.5 tsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until lightly golden brown and hot, 10–12 minutes.
This spread stores in the fridge for a week and freezes beautifully. ...
This classic standby firms up well when chilled....
The colourful rolled nibbles will have you dreaming of the 1960s. ...
Can’t decide which to try? Have both. This sandwich combines fillings and breads. ...
Simple to make and a delight to look at. ...
Light tasting, perfect for picnics, this sandwich can be prepared the day before. ...
These candy-flavoured maraschino and cream cheese quickly become favourites. ...