Black is back. Punchy colours are nice but you can’t go wrong with basic black. Would you use it in your space? More »
Black Bean and Mango Salad
A simple and attractive addition to any summer table.
- 1 can black beans or 1 cup dried (and soaked) black beans
- 1 chopped mango
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, purple or Vidalia onion, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- In a large bowl toss the beans, mango, red pepper and onion together.
- In a separate bowl, blend the dressing ingredients.
- Mix the dressing into the salad.
- Let rest for several hours. Garnish with parsley or mint and serve.
This recipe was featured in the article Best Summer salads.
Recipe courtesy of Janice Harper