No related posts.
Helen Kapsales says Mediterranean women are not shy when it comes to using olive oil. This vegetarian recipe proves just that as she calls for 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of this valuable commodity.
- 2 eggplants, diced into large cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1 carrot, thickly sliced
- 2 Spanish onions, finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- chopped parsley 6 Tbsp 90 ml
- fresh mint, chopped 3 Tbsp 45 ml
- tomato paste 2 Tbsp 30 ml
- olive oil, to taste
Briam is a brilliantly simple, tasty and seasonally available dish that can be eaten alone or as a side to your main meal. This dish can be tossed together and placed in a baking dish and baked for 1 hour at 375°F (190°C) or until the eggplant and potato are tender. With the potato cubes small and the eggplant large, they will be done at the same time.
Recipe courtesy of Helen Kapsales