Here’s an old favourite to jazz up any ice cream. The quality of the cocoa will determine the taste of the sauce.
Chocolate SauceJuly 6, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Ditta Kasdan, DeeDee’s Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dark cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring only to keep from burning.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Use as desired.
This mixture is super hot and will splatter when you add the cream, so wear long gloves to...
International travel to countries where coconut ice cream is common inspired this rich and...
Summer is berry season and there’s no better way to enjoy them than in this colourful, y...
The hazelnut paste gives this ice cream a wonderful, nutty dimension....
This ice cream was recommended by a friend, Bud, who recalled the flavourful ginger ice cr...
Rhubarb and ginger is a combination that provides a refreshing zing. Feel free to add more...