A perfect side for time efficiency and a melange of summer and autumn flavours.
Citrus and Spice CarrotOctober 20, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Jonathan Morrison
- 5 medium-sized local carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 3 coriander seeds, muddled
- 5 caraway seeds, muddled
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter, unsalted
- juice of half an orange
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water, and bring water to boil in a medium-sized pot
- To blanch carrots, boil until cooked, but firm nonetheless
- Strain carrots from the boiling water and add to the ice-water bath immediately to cool down and halt cooking
- Heat butter in a frying pan on low heat, then add spices and toast for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once butter has browned slightly, add blanched carrots to the pan and toss them in butter and spice for 3 minutes. Add finishing salt to taste and serve covered in the juice of half an orange.
This recipe needs no baking, but packs in all the beloved fall flavours of the classic des...
A fresh and intensely aromatic smoothie that packs in a full serving of vegetables for bre...
Inspired by Indian pakoras, these easy to make pan-fried fritters are a healthy choice und...
Deep flavours, rich oily fish, zippy citrus and earthy cheese make this dish a guilt-free ...
A salad that facilitates the summer to fall transition with fresh veggies, the sustenance ...