You may never have considered yourself a pastry-maker, but this easy-to-make pie crust could change your mind.
Easy PastryNovember 30, 2010 Print
Recipe courtesy of Ray Burton, Pie R Squared
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour (organic recommended)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) shortening
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 6 tsp (30 ml) very cold water
- Mix flour and salt together. Cut butter and shortening into flour until crumbly.
- Add water, a little at a time, until dough holds together but is not sticky. This recipe is enough for 4 individual 5-inch (12-cm) pies or one 18-inch (45-cm) pie.
This recipe was featured in the article Pies most pleasing.