Rich and flavourful, this colourful dish looks as great as it tastes.
Fettuccine with LobsterJune 8, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Chef Andrew King, da Maurizio Fine Dining
- 2 1 1/2-lb (675-g) live lobsters
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 each fresh tarragon, thyme, Italian parsley sprigs
- 3 cups (750 ml) whipping cream
- 1 lb (448 g) fettuccine or linguine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmigiano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook lobsters in large pot of boiling salted water, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer lobsters to large rimmed baking sheet. Remove meat from tail and claws, place in bowl. Remove any roe from bodies, place in small bowl. Cover and chill meat and roe. Discard tomalley (green matter). Reserve bodies and shells.
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over high heat. Add bodies, shells. Sauté 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add tomato paste, stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, wine, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, thyme, parsley. Add cream, boil 2 minutes. Reduce to medium-low. Simmer until lobster flavour infuses cream, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Strain sauce into large bowl. Discard contents of strainer. (You can prepare lobster and sauce one day ahead.)
- Transfer sauce to heavy large saucepan. Cut lobster meat into bite-size pieces. Add to sauce. Gently re-warm over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain; return pasta to pot. Add sauce, toss over medium-high heat until sauce coats pasta, add Parmigiano. Season. Serve in large, shallow bowl.
This simple and delicious family favourite is a perfect way to use homemade ravioli with i...
The inclusion of fresh asparagus makes this a perfect dish for spring menus....
This traditional recipe includes pasta you can make by hand, or with a pasta machine, but ...
Gnocchi is fun to make but takes time and patience. You can cook the gnocchi unshaped if r...