The inclusion of Gorm Ailig, a raw ewe milk cheese, creates a tart with a twist
Gorm Ailig TartMay 3, 2013 Print
Recipe courtesy of Ron Muise, Wandering Shepherd Cheese
- 18 oz (500 g) puff pastry
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 18 oz (500 g) Gorm Ailig
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pine nuts
- 1 cup (250 ml) of spinach, roquette or other fresh greens, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out pastry to 1/4 inch (0.6 cm), place on floured baking sheet.
- Spread sour cream over pastry and then layer sliced shallots, crumbled blue cheese and nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cover with fresh greens and slice into generous pieces. Serve warm.
This recipe was featured in the article C'est fromage!