Honey Citrus CakeDecember 18, 2018 Print
Recipe courtesy of Jacquelynn Spinney, Halifax Nova Scotia
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (or 3 eggs)
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 + 3/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugars, honey, yogurt (or eggs) orange zest, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Stir in coffee, juice and water.
- Optional: Top with sliced almonds
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes in a greased and floured tube pan. Let cool.
- Make glaze and drizzle over cooled cake.
Hear me out, I know most people see fruit cake as a holiday tradition to be endured rather...
A holiday classic that's as easy to make as it is to snack on....
This recipe makes a soft, chewy cookie and is so easy do do with the kids! ...
This is a family favourite! My grandmother and mother created a recipe book for me and thi...
I created this recipe after a trip to Disney World at Christmas time. These amazing cook...