A holiday classic that’s as easy to make as it is to snack on.
Linzer CookiesDecember 10, 2018 Print
Recipe courtesy of Kayla Lyngvaer, Dartmouth, N.S.
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (or almond) extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- orange zest
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apricot or raspberry jam
- Cream butter, sugar, egg, vanilla together.
- Add flour, almonds, orange zest, and cinnamon, mix until combined, roll onto floured surface and cut with cutter.
- Bake 350°F for 10–12 minutes, dust tops with icing sugar, once cooled spread apricot or raspberry jam on bottoms and place tops.
It is a wonderful citrus cake that is perfect for Christmas! It has coffee in it so you ...
Hear me out, I know most people see fruit cake as a holiday tradition to be endured rather...
This recipe makes a soft, chewy cookie and is so easy do do with the kids! ...
This is a family favourite! My grandmother and mother created a recipe book for me and thi...
I created this recipe after a trip to Disney World at Christmas time. These amazing cook...