Nothing celebrates molasses quite like baked beans.
Molasses Baked Beans with ApplesSeptember 22, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Geir Simensen, Scanway Catering
- 2 cups (250 ml) dried white beans
- 8 strips smoked local bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) molasses
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Coles mustard
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) water
- Soak beans several hours, drain, add water to cover, bring to a boil, simmer about an hour.
- Drain beans and place in baking dish with tight lid.
- Fry bacon, add it and remaining ingredients to beans and stir well.
- Add water.
- Bake at 275°F (135°C) until beans are tender and have absorbed liquid.
Molasses provides this sauce with depth and intense flavour. It’s versatile, so you can ...
The addition of molasses creates a rich, savoury sweetness that takes these onions to a wh...
When it’s time for a real treat, what can be better than doughnuts? And these ones are s...
Molasses provides a great sugar substitute for the fruit filling in this yummy crisp with ...
Diane Tye’s mother baked a lot of cookies, as discussed in Diane’s book, Baking as Bio...
Delicious cookies are part of what has earned Scanway Catering its status for delectable d...