This simple, rich dessert is sure to be a crowd pleaser at family gatherings.
Peach cheesecake barsSeptember 19, 2018 Print
Recipe courtesy of David Bowlby, Demspey’s Corner Orchards in Aylesford, N.S.
- 1 ½ cup (750 ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- tsp (0.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) cold unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 egg
- 226 g (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 ml) peach pie filling (homemade or canned)
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line 8-by-8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- With pastry knife, cut together dry mix and butter until pieces look like pebbles, then cut in egg until dough is crumbly.
- Reserve ½ cup (125 ml) mix for the topping and pat the rest into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Pour over the base layer.
- Top with the peach pie filling then top with the reserved topping.
- Bake 35–40 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting.
Peach jambalaya will fill the air with a pleasant creole ambrosia. ...
Use this peach purée in Field Guide's peach julep....
Toggle this recipe to the season for a year-round crowd pleaser. In cool months use baking...
This recipe calls for the use of freestone peaches rather than clingstones. When you cut o...