No related posts.
Peanut Butter Balls
For best results, freeze the peanut butter balls before dipping them in the chocolate. Dip them in small batches, a dozen or so at a time, to prevent them from thawing out.
- 1/4 cup (60 g) margarine, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups (455 g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup (128 g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (25 g) puffed rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine margarine and peanut butter; mix in the sugar and then the cereal.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until frozen.
- Melt chocolate chips by using a double boiler or in the microwave (using 10-second intervals on high and stirring in between).
- Roll each ball in melted chocolate.
- Place balls back in freezer until firm. Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Recipe courtesy of Megan McCarthy