Joseph Crocker of Peasant’s Pantry uses locally sourced items to make everything in-house. “We chose traditional Bulwark Cider for the barbecue sauce on our pulled-pork sandwich to match the sweet smoke from the wild maple and choke cherry woods we use when smoking the pork,” he says.
Peasant’s Pantry Bulwark Cider BBQ SauceOctober 20, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Joseph Crocker, chef/owner of Peasant’s Pantry Specialty Meats & Deli in New Ross, N.S.
- 1 cup (250 ml) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bulwark Cider Original
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cup dried spice mix
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) onion powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) ground coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a saucepan, reduce on stove at medium heat until desired consistency (thick).
- Great for making pulled pork sandwiches or on any barbecued meat.