Peppermint Bark CookiesDecember 7, 2018 Print
Recipe courtesy of Hilary Smith, Rothesay, N.B.
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 candy canes, crushed or 1/4 cup of pre-crushed candy canes
- 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Additional milk chocolate for dipping (optional)
- Cream butter until fluffy and light. Add sugar and mix again until fully incorporated. Add egg and vanilla, continuing to beat on high until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add flour and salt, mixing until combined. Stir in candy canes and chocolate chips by hand.
- Lay down a sheet of parchment and place your dough on it. Roll the dough into a log and roll the log in parchment paper. Wrap it up and place in the freezer for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Slice dough log with a sharp knife into quarter-inch slices.
- Lay slices down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12–14 minutes. Cookies will be just turning golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool before dipping in melted chocolate. Totally optional!
It is a wonderful citrus cake that is perfect for Christmas! It has coffee in it so you ...
Hear me out, I know most people see fruit cake as a holiday tradition to be endured rather...
A holiday classic that's as easy to make as it is to snack on....
This recipe makes a soft, chewy cookie and is so easy do do with the kids! ...
This is a family favourite! My grandmother and mother created a recipe book for me and thi...