This simple and delicious family favourite is a perfect way to use homemade ravioli with its creamy ricotta filling
Ricotta Ravioli with Tomato and BasilJune 8, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Pasta Casalinga
- 2–3 Tbsp (30–45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb (448 g) cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) bottled, strained tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 lb (650 g) fresh, homemade ricotta ravioli
- Heat oil in skillet, add garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt, if necessary. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add basil, stir, turn off heat.
- Cook ravioli in large pan of salted, boiling water for about 12–15 minutes, then drain well and tip into serving dish. Pour sauce over them and serve. Serves 4.
The inclusion of fresh asparagus makes this a perfect dish for spring menus....
Rich and flavourful, this colourful dish looks as great as it tastes....
This traditional recipe includes pasta you can make by hand, or with a pasta machine, but ...
Gnocchi is fun to make but takes time and patience. You can cook the gnocchi unshaped if r...