Deep flavours, rich oily fish, zippy citrus and earthy cheese make this dish a guilt-free comfort food.
Rustic Roasted Carrot with SardinesOctober 20, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Jessica Emin
- 2 lbs (900 g) carrots, cleaned and peeled
- 7 1/2 oz (212 g) sardines, canned in oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Grana Padano cheese, grated or shaved
- dash of salt and pepper
- sprinkling of carrot greens, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Place carrots in casserole dish or roasting pan, and add water, lemon juice and sardines. If some carrots are larger than others, quarter or halve them lengthwise to ensure even doneness.
- Toss the contents of the pan, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45 minutes and broil on low for the last few minutes to brown the carrots and sardines.
- Remove carrots from oven and garnish with Grana Padano, lemon and finishing salt to taste.
This recipe needs no baking, but packs in all the beloved fall flavours of the classic des...
A fresh and intensely aromatic smoothie that packs in a full serving of vegetables for bre...
Inspired by Indian pakoras, these easy to make pan-fried fritters are a healthy choice und...
A perfect side for time efficiency and a melange of summer and autumn flavours....
A salad that facilitates the summer to fall transition with fresh veggies, the sustenance ...