No related posts.
Grilled Salmon, Fennel and Apple Salad
Adding seafood to a salad turns it into a refreshing summer meal. Serves two.
- 6 oz (170 g) salmon
- sea salt, freshly-ground
- pepper to taste
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green onion
- lemon juice to taste
- a few fennel tops for garnish
- Season salmon with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and grill to medium on the barbecue. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the fennel and apple very thin and place in a mixing bowl. Add sour cream, chopped green onions, lemon juice and additional salt and pepper. Mix and taste.
- Break salmon into big chunks and place on top of the salad. Garnish with fennel tops.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Velden, The Flying Apron Cookery