The inclusion of fresh asparagus makes this a perfect dish for spring menus.
Spaghettini with Lemon, Asparagus, Artichokes and Crispy ProsciuttoJune 8, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Chef Andrew King, da Maurizio Fine Dining
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1/4-in (.6-cm) squares
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lemon zest
- juice of one lemon
- 2 whole artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) pieces
- salt, pepper to taste
- 12 oz (340 g) spaghettini
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto, sauté until crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine. Simmer over medium-high heat until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup (60 ml), about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon zest and juice. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add artichokes and asparagus; simmer until heated through. Season.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, return pasta to pot. Toss with sauce to coat, add half of the cheese.
- Divide pasta among four plates, serve with remaining cheese.
This simple and delicious family favourite is a perfect way to use homemade ravioli with i...
Rich and flavourful, this colourful dish looks as great as it tastes....
This traditional recipe includes pasta you can make by hand, or with a pasta machine, but ...
Gnocchi is fun to make but takes time and patience. You can cook the gnocchi unshaped if r...