Inspired by Indian pakoras, these easy to make pan-fried fritters are a healthy choice under the guise of a delicious appetizer.
Spicy Carrot Fritters with Creamy Cilantro DipOctober 20, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Jessica Emin
Ingredients:For the fritters:
- 2 cups (500 ml) carrots, grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) scallions
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup (75ml) chickpea flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili flakes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) basil flakes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Yogourt Cilantro Dip (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain unsweetened Greek yogourt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cucumber, diced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- Stir together carrot, coleslaw mix and scallions in a large bowl.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, beat eggs, then add chickpea flour, baking powder, chili flakes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Combine egg mixture with vegetables until vegetables are coated.
- In another small bowl, make the dip by mixing yogourt, cilantro, cucumber, salt and coriander, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium heat, coat with olive oil then place four round scoops of the fritter mixture onto the surface.
- Let each fritter fry until golden brown, then press the top down lightly with a spatula and flip. Repeat this process until there is no fritter mix left.
- Serve fritters while warm and crispy with the cool dip.
This recipe needs no baking, but packs in all the beloved fall flavours of the classic des...
A fresh and intensely aromatic smoothie that packs in a full serving of vegetables for bre...
A perfect side for time efficiency and a melange of summer and autumn flavours....
Deep flavours, rich oily fish, zippy citrus and earthy cheese make this dish a guilt-free ...
A salad that facilitates the summer to fall transition with fresh veggies, the sustenance ...