Our editor highlights some spicy Valentine’s Day inspired designs for the home. More »
Three-Coloured Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw
This coleslaw is not only pretty but it has a darn good kick.
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sweet chilli sauce, vinegar and Tabasco.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
This recipe was featured in the article Best Summer salads.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Velden, The Flying Apron Cookery