Pair that rich, curry gravy with a light, fluffy rice. Serves 2
Traditional riceOctober 18, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Shivani Dhamija
- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked basmati rice
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ghee or oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, cut into long, thin slices
- Rinse rice, then soak for 30 minutes.
- Boil rice in 2 cups (or more) of water.
- In a pan, heat ghee or oil. Add cumin seeds when oil is hot.
- When cumin seeds splutter, add onion and stir until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Add pan contents and salt to taste to boiling rice.
- If finished rice is wet, strain for 5 minutes to dry it.
This Indian classic will wow your next dinner guests, but features spices you probably alr...
This condiment will add kick to your chicken vindaloo. Moisture will reduce its shelf life...
This oven-fresh naan is just the trick for soaking up every drop of curry gravy. 40 pieces...
Raita can be flavoured with mango or pineapple. This cucumber version is cooling with a wa...
The humble potato stars in this spice-packed side dish. ...
This simple recipe calls for a pressure cooker, but if you don’t have one you can boil t...