The humble potato stars in this spice-packed side dish.
Zeera AlooOctober 18, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Shivani Dhamija
- 5-6 potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 2.5 tsp (12.5 ml) cumin seeds
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 Thai green chilies (optional)
- 3 Tbsp (15 ml) oil tablespoon oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) turmeric powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) cumin powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) garam masala
- 1 tsp (5 ml) red chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) raw mango powder (substitute with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice)
- salt to taste
- In pan, heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds, which should splutter.
- Add green chilies, fry one minute.
- Add potato cubes and mix well.
- Sprinkle turmeric, red chili powder, raw mango powder, and salt
- Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, garam masala, cumin powder.
- Mix well.
This Indian classic will wow your next dinner guests, but features spices you probably alr...
This condiment will add kick to your chicken vindaloo. Moisture will reduce its shelf life...
This oven-fresh naan is just the trick for soaking up every drop of curry gravy. 40 pieces...
Raita can be flavoured with mango or pineapple. This cucumber version is cooling with a wa...
Pair that rich, curry gravy with a light, fluffy rice. Serves 2 ...
This simple recipe calls for a pressure cooker, but if you don’t have one you can boil t...