A salad that facilitates the summer to fall transition with fresh veggies, the sustenance of rice noodles, and no shortage of punchy flavour.
Asian Carrot Salad on Rice Noodle with Crushed Wasabi PeasOctober 20, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Jessica Emin
- 4 large carrots, julienned or cut in spirals
- 1 small yellow zucchini, sliced into thin rounds, or into strips with a mandolin
- 5 small radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) snow peas, trimmed and cut into inch long segments
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb (250 g) vermicelli or rice noodle, cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) chili pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) wasabi peas, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cilantro leaves, whole
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) orange zest
- Place rice noodles in large salad bowl and garnish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Layer the zucchini, carrot, snow peas, radish and chili peppers, in that order, over the noodles.
- Garnish the salad with the wasabi peas, cilantro and orange zest.
- For the dressing put all ingredients in standard size Mason jar and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Keep salad refrigerated until it is ready to be served, then add dressing and toss lightly.
This recipe needs no baking, but packs in all the beloved fall flavours of the classic des...
A fresh and intensely aromatic smoothie that packs in a full serving of vegetables for bre...
Inspired by Indian pakoras, these easy to make pan-fried fritters are a healthy choice und...
A perfect side for time efficiency and a melange of summer and autumn flavours....
Deep flavours, rich oily fish, zippy citrus and earthy cheese make this dish a guilt-free ...