Marinades are great not only for flavouring meats, but also to help tenderize them. The ginger and salt (in the soy) in this recipe season and flavour the meat, and also help break down the tougher muscles. This recipe works well with tougher steaks likes flank or hanger.
Asian Steak MarinadeJune 17, 2013 Print
Recipe courtesy of Simon Thibault
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated finely
- 2–3 pieces garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chile flakes, or more to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together in a resealable container.
- Add steak to the container and marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove steak and pat dry. Let it come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cook to your preference.
This recipe was featured in the article Prime Cuts.