Asparagus Pasta SaladMay 14, 2012 Print
Recipe courtesy of Pete Luckett
- 1 lb (500 g) asparagus spears
- 2 cups (500 ml) rotini, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, finely chopped
- half of a green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- half of a small English cucumber, finely chopped
- one scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 m) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain yogourt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the asparagus spears for about 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain, plunge into cold water, drain again and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Gently fold in the cooked pasta, chopped celery, green pepper, cucumber, scallion and asparagus. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve this creamy salad on top of a bed of slightly bitter salad leaves, such as mesclun. As with most pasta salads, the flavour deepens if left in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight. Serves 4.