This delicious salad matches the heartiness of beets with the smokiness of mackerel. It’s best to slice beets and radishes on a mandolin. Lavallée uses a Japanese model called Benriner.
Beet and Smoked Mackerel SaladDecember 22, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Renée Lavallée, The Canteen.
- 1 candy cane beet, peeled, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 bull’s blood beet, peeled, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 golden beet, peeled, julienned
- 1 Jonagold apple, julienned
- 1/4 celery root, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) basil, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) walnut oil1 cup (250 ml) micro-greens
- 3 fillets of smoked mackerel, flaked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. 2. Taste for seasoning, alter as desired, and serve.
*Online exclusive* Kale, cabbage and carrots stay fresh a long time. Together they create ...
Adding an egg to salad turns it into a full meal. Try a sprinkle of the Lebanese spice mix...
Fresh cilantro gives this winter salad a summer touch....
The addition of Nova Scotia scallops makes this easy recipe fancy enough for company....
Sprouting rye berries takes some effort, but your dedication will pay off....