A neighbour’s discovery of an old sandwich maker, perfect for the bonfire, made this sandwich particularly appealing (a cast-iron frying pan also works). Red onion slices confirmed that this is no ordinary grilled cheese sandwich.
Bonfire Grilled CheeseJune 21, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Phyllis Bowles
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 4 slices old cheddar, or other favourite melting cheese
- 6 large, thin slices of red onion
- dab of soft butter
- Place cheese on one bread slice.
- Add slices of red onion, cover with second slice.
- Butter outside of bread.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
- Place, one at a time, in sandwich maker, grill over fire, turning once, until cheese starts to ooze.
Quality dark chocolate elevated s’mores to a level that pleased all our beach gourmands....
Fresh bread on the bonfire added a certain excitement. It didn’t rise as well as in the ...
Mini-burgers or sliders are all the rage, but these burgers bring back memories of long-ag...
This recipe, based on a low country boil, would traditionally include shrimp instead of mu...
Every bonfire needs a special drink. This one takes advantage of ubiquitous East Coast rhu...