Adding an egg to salad turns it into a full meal. Try a sprinkle of the Lebanese spice mix za’atar to give this salad an extra flair.
Chickpea Delight with Fried EggDecember 22, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Renée Lavallée, The Canteen.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) pear vinegar or lemon juice
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chevre cheese
- 6 strips bacon, roasted, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, fried
Directions:1. Mix all ingredients, except eggs, together in a bowl. 2. Taste for seasoning, alter as desired. 3. Top with fried eggs and serve while eggs are still warm.
*Online exclusive* Kale, cabbage and carrots stay fresh a long time. Together they create ...
This delicious salad matches the heartiness of beets with the smokiness of mackerel. It’...
Fresh cilantro gives this winter salad a summer touch....
The addition of Nova Scotia scallops makes this easy recipe fancy enough for company....
Sprouting rye berries takes some effort, but your dedication will pay off....