These tart muffins are both pretty and tasty.
Cranberry Lemon MuffinsDecember 9, 2011 Print
Recipe courtesy of Evelyn Ernst, Terra Beata Farm
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- In large bowl, mix together first four ingredients in order given.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the first bowl, stirring just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 18 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into muffin's centre comes out clean.
- Makes 10 large muffins.
This recipe was featured in the article Cooking with cranberries.
CORRECTION: A prior version of this recipe listed an incorrect baking time and temperature. East Coast Living regrets the error.