Ginger and orange flavours enliven this simple recipe, a perfect condiment for turkey
Cranberry Orange RelishOctober 6, 2011 Print
Recipe courtesy of chef Michael Howell
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh cranberries, washed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sugar
- 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) orange juice
- pinch of salt
- Peel the orange, reserving the rind.
- Julienne the rind and place the rind and cranberries in a larger saucepan.
- Squeeze in the juice of the orange, the additional juice, the sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover loosely.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop and the mixture thickens a bit. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool. Serve at room temperature.