The roasted malt flavour of a porter beer gives this pie a unique flavour that is sure to be a hit with beer drinkers.
Dewolf Ale And Beef PieNovember 30, 2010 Print
Recipe courtesy of Heather Lunan, Pie R Squared
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) ground beef
- splash of olive oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bottle beer (porter preferred)
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- fresh summer savoury to taste
- Brown beef in olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, garlic and beer. Reduce to desired consistency. For the last 10 minutes or so, add carrots, potato and seasoning and stir together.
- Fill pie crust and top with upper crust. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
This recipe was featured in the article Pies most pleasing.