Fresh cilantro gives this winter salad a summer touch.
Duncan’s Cove ColeslawDecember 22, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Dominique Gusset
Ingredients:For the salad:
- 8 cups (2 L) shredded cabbage, green and red
- 4 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 1–2 Serrano or jalapeño peppers, minced, or 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sambal oelek
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Directions:1. Combine vegetables. 2. Whisk dressing ingredients. 3. Toss dressing with salad, chill at least 2 hours before serving (will keep several days refrigerated). 4. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
*Online exclusive* Kale, cabbage and carrots stay fresh a long time. Together they create ...
This delicious salad matches the heartiness of beets with the smokiness of mackerel. It’...
Adding an egg to salad turns it into a full meal. Try a sprinkle of the Lebanese spice mix...
The addition of Nova Scotia scallops makes this easy recipe fancy enough for company....
Sprouting rye berries takes some effort, but your dedication will pay off....