Fire Roasted Rainbow TroutJune 8, 2021 Print
Recipe courtesy of Chef Andrew Farrell
- 1 whole rainbow trout or Arctic Char, scales removed (2-3lbs)
- 1 handful dill
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Clean and scale fish as necessary.
2. Stuff cavity with lemon slices and herbs, rub fish with olive oil. A baking sheet works well for this step.
3. Warm cast iron skillet over fire (aim for medium heat).
4. Carefully place whole fish in skillet, cook 3-4 minutes per side, carefully flipping with tongs or a spatula. Fish will be cooked when flesh is firm and skin is crispy.
5. Bring skillet to table and serve!
A hearty stew, inspired by Italian Cioppino, featuring sustainable fish and local Nova Sco...