Molasses provides a great sugar substitute for the fruit filling in this yummy crisp with its crunchy topping.
Ginger Pear Apple CrispSeptember 21, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Bridget Oland, Crosby Molasses
- 4 pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 apples, (not too crisp) peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ginger
- 1 cup (250 ml) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 1/3–1/2 cup (75–125ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- In large bowl, toss the pears and apples with flour, then add molasses, lemon juice and ginger.
- In another bowl, whisk oats, flour, ginger and brown sugar.
- Pour melted butter over and stir until well blended.
- Scrape pear mixture into good-sized casserole dish (high-sided for a deeper crisp) and top with flour mixture. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until filling bubbles and fruit is soft.
Molasses provides this sauce with depth and intense flavour. It’s versatile, so you can ...
The addition of molasses creates a rich, savoury sweetness that takes these onions to a wh...
Nothing celebrates molasses quite like baked beans....
When it’s time for a real treat, what can be better than doughnuts? And these ones are s...
Diane Tye’s mother baked a lot of cookies, as discussed in Diane’s book, Baking as Bio...
Delicious cookies are part of what has earned Scanway Catering its status for delectable d...