Play around with this simple recipe to suit your own taste. Add a little cinnamon, grated apple or grated orange peel, or replace a third of the cranberries with strawberries or raspberries.
Homestyle Cranberry SauceDecember 9, 2011 Print
Recipe courtesy of Evelyn Ernst, Terra Beata Farm
- 3 cups (750 ml) or one
- 12-oz/340-g package
- cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (250 ml)water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar or 3/8 cup (90 ml)maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- Put berries and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- When the first few berries pop, stir in sugar.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until nearly all the berries have popped.
- Bottle immediately and store or serve warm.