A high butter and flour ratio gives these brownies their deliciously dense consistency.
Instant Pot Fudgy BrowniesMarch 22, 2019 Print
Recipe courtesy of Chef Ilona Daniel, chefilona.ca
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated white sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (157 ml) cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped nuts (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Place Instant Pot rack in bottom of inner liner and add 2 cups water.
- Line a 7-inch (18-cm) round cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Add eggs and sugar to medium-sized bowl. Beat until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Add oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt to egg mixture. Beat on low until well combined (about 1 minute).
- Add flour to mixing bowl about 1/8 cup at a time, mixing in between, until well combined.
- Add nuts and fold into batter with a spatula.
- Pour brownie batter into to the prepared baking dish.
- Lower baking dish into Instant Pot using a foil sling. Secure lid and set valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 24 minutes. Use the quick-release pressure method. Once the pressure is fully released, carefully remove lid.
- Using foil sling, lift the baking dish out of the Instant Pot. Set pan aside and allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut brownies into wedges and serve.
This recipe adds a zingy sweetness to any dinner party. It’s traditionally served with d...
A tasty, and speedier, version of traditional chili. ...
Serve this Vietnamese-style broth over rare beef and rice noodles. Top with a squeeze of l...
A hint of lime zest gives this cheesecake a fresh flavour. ...