Photo by Bruce Murray/Visionfire
Lemon CakeMarch 23, 2021 Print
Recipe courtesy of Meaghan Adamski
- 1⁄2 lb (1 cup or 227 g) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (400 g) of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs (200 g) room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 g) of lemon zest
- 3 cups (400 g) of flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup (80 g) of fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup (180 g) of full fat buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease & flour cake pans, lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter & sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- On medium speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, and the lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt into a separate bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixtures to the batter, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Divide batter evenly in pans and bake for 45-60 mins, until tester comes out clean.
Photo by Bruce Murray/Visionfire 2 Step process: Make the raspberry filling ahead of ti...