Use good-quality field tomatoes that are meaty and don’t have a lot of pulp and seed. This will keep your pizza from getting soggy.
Lunch: Heirloom Tomato Puff Pastry PizzaOctober 1, 2019 Print
Recipe courtesy of chef Craig Flinn, Chives Canadian Bistro, Halifax.
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 10 x 14-inch sheets puff pastry
- 2 lb mixed heirloom tomatoes, various sizes, sliced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- Black pepper, cracked
- ½ cup fresh basil, packed
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Sauté shallots and garlic in butter until light-brown.
- Add chili flakes and dried basil, cooking 3 more minutes. Add sherry and reduce total volume of liquid by three-quarters.
- Add pan contents and both cheeses to food processor, blend until very smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over both puff pastry sheets, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Season tomato slices with salt, sugar, and pepper; place on pizza.
- Bake 8–10 minutes or until crust browns on bottom. Remove from oven, and garnish with fresh basil and drizzled olive oil. Serve immediately.
Sweet and rich, these delicate bites offer the perfect start to your meal. Serves 6 ...
This mix of fresh, bold flavours and an array of textures makes this dish a pleasure to ea...
This family recipe looks fantastic, but is simple comfort food. Top with homemade tomato j...
A mouth-watering dessert at the best of times is even more so with the addition of fresh g...
This crowd favourite works really well if you’re using natural charcoal. Barbecues are m...
Using Japanese panko instead of breadcrumbs is a tried-and-true chef’s trick that adds c...
This traditional recipe has been used for hundreds of years and is consistently one of the...
If you’re poaching using the boiling water method, crack the egg into a small bowl, and ...
This chef swears by chowder as the ultimate brunch dish. Making it ahead means longer Satu...
The always-satisfying combination of strawberry and rhubarb, plus real vanilla, makes this...