Mini-burgers or sliders are all the rage, but these burgers bring back memories of long-ago Girl Guides’ camping trips. Vary herbs to your preference.
Mini Beach BurgersJune 21, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Gwen Wells
- 1 lb (450g) medium ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced fine
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium carrot
- fresh basil, oregano, to taste
- Mix ground beef with onion, salt and pepper.
- Create 10 small patties.
- Slice potato and carrot as thinly as possible.
- Wrap each patty in tin foil, adding vegetables and herbs before sealing.
- Throw into coals on bonfire and grill until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Serve on tiny buns or pitas.
Quality dark chocolate elevated s’mores to a level that pleased all our beach gourmands....
Fresh bread on the bonfire added a certain excitement. It didn’t rise as well as in the ...
A neighbour’s discovery of an old sandwich maker, perfect for the bonfire, made this san...
This recipe, based on a low country boil, would traditionally include shrimp instead of mu...
Every bonfire needs a special drink. This one takes advantage of ubiquitous East Coast rhu...