The addition of molasses creates a rich, savoury sweetness that takes these onions to a whole new level. Great with burgers and tasty over fresh goat cheese.
Molasses Roasted OnionsSeptember 22, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Bridget Oland, Crosby Molasses
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced thickly
- 3–4 Tbsp (45–60 ml) Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- pinch salt
- few grinds black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) balsamic or cider vinegar
- one sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Make packet with tin foil and pour ingredients in foil. Wrap well twice so you have a double layer.
- Bake in oven at 350°F (175°C) or BBQ over medium, for about 40 minutes. Can store in fridge for up to a week.
Molasses provides this sauce with depth and intense flavour. It’s versatile, so you can ...
Nothing celebrates molasses quite like baked beans....
When it’s time for a real treat, what can be better than doughnuts? And these ones are s...
Molasses provides a great sugar substitute for the fruit filling in this yummy crisp with ...
Diane Tye’s mother baked a lot of cookies, as discussed in Diane’s book, Baking as Bio...
Delicious cookies are part of what has earned Scanway Catering its status for delectable d...