Toggle this recipe to the season for a year-round crowd pleaser. In cool months use baking spices, and mint in warmer months. To make this drink you’ll need Peach purée.
Peach julepSeptember 19, 2018 Print
Recipe courtesy of Keegan McGregor, Field Guide, Halifax
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) nutmeg, grated
- 3 dashes orange bitters (optional)
- ¼ oz (7 ml) lemon juice
- ¾ oz (21 ml) peach puree (recipe below)
- ½ oz (15 ml) fino sherry
- 1 ½ oz (45 ml) reposado tequila (meaning aged in barrels 2–12 months)
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprig
- In Julep cup or rocks glass, lightly stir ginger and nutmeg with peach puree and lemon juice.
- Add sherry and tequila, and pack tightly with crushed ice.
- Stir approximately 15 seconds, or until glass frosts.
- Add more crushed ice to create a snow cone, and garnish with orange bitters. If desired add mint sprig and straw.
This simple, rich dessert is sure to be a crowd pleaser at family gatherings....
Peach jambalaya will fill the air with a pleasant creole ambrosia. ...
Use this peach purée in Field Guide's peach julep....
This recipe calls for the use of freestone peaches rather than clingstones. When you cut o...