Serve this Vietnamese-style broth over rare beef and rice noodles. Top with a squeeze of lime, Thai basil, and bean sprouts for a comforting meal.
Pho-Inspired BrothMarch 22, 2019 Print
Recipe courtesy of Alanna Stockley
- 2 beef marrow soup bones (or pork)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, cut in to 7-cm pieces
- 2 star anise pods
- 10 whole peppercorns
- 10 cm ginger root, cut in chunks
- 1 dried chili pod
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coriander seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) fish sauce
- Rind of one lime
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) palm sugar (or brown or coconut sugar)
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients except salt in Instant Pot.
- Add water to max fill line.
- Set on soup setting: highest pressure for four hours.
- Let stock release naturally (about 30–45 mins).
- Release pressure, strain stock, season to taste with salt. Let cool.
This recipe adds a zingy sweetness to any dinner party. It’s traditionally served with d...
A tasty, and speedier, version of traditional chili. ...
A high butter and flour ratio gives these brownies their deliciously dense consistency....
A hint of lime zest gives this cheesecake a fresh flavour. ...