Potato and Horseradish PavéApril 14, 2011 Print
Recipe courtesy of Gordon Bailey, Lot 30
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- horseradish cream (may be purchased at major grocery chains) to taste
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- Thinly slice shallots and mince garlic. Peel and slice potatoes using mandolin. Place in large bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, shallots, garlic, cream and horseradish cream to a heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a simmer.
- Pour cream mixture over sliced potatoes and toss evenly to disperse ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of an oven-safe pan and layer potato slices. You want a thickness of 1.5 inches (4 cm) before baking. Place a layer of parchment over the top and weigh down the top with a pan of the same size filled with water.
- Bake at 350 to 375°F (175 to 190°C) for 45 minutes or until it can be pierced easily with a paring knife. Serves four to six.
This recipe was featured in the article Luscious Lamb.