Best for pork, but also good for chicken or steak. Using maple syrup makes this marinade sweet and truly Canadian.
Reesh’s Maple MarinadeJune 25, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Richard Woodbury
- 1 lb (454 g) pork, chicken or steak
- orange juice from one freshly squeezed orange
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) freshly grated ginger
- dash of pepper
- a few dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- Assemble marinade.
- Place meat in marinade for 24 hours.
- Cook on barbeque for preferred length of time.
This is as good as it gets for marinades. The taste is sweet and savoury, but has a bit of...
The end result of this recipe is a “flavour punch in the mouth” that is sweet, spicy a...
This Greek classic also works well with pork. The lemon imparts a light, refreshing taste....