Every bonfire needs a special drink. This one takes advantage of ubiquitous East Coast rhubarb. Add more sugar if you prefer it less tart. You may also adjust the amount of rum as well.
Rhubarb PunchJune 21, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Valerie Mansour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced gingerroot
- 4 cups (1L) fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) favourite ginger ale
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) favourite dark rum
- 1 splash Winegarden Estate’s Emma Bitter Liqueur, optional fresh mint leaves
- Bring ginger to boil with about 4 cups (1 L) water.
- Add rhubarb and sugar, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add ginger ale, lemon, and rum. Serve over ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Quality dark chocolate elevated s’mores to a level that pleased all our beach gourmands....
Fresh bread on the bonfire added a certain excitement. It didn’t rise as well as in the ...
Mini-burgers or sliders are all the rage, but these burgers bring back memories of long-ag...
A neighbour’s discovery of an old sandwich maker, perfect for the bonfire, made this san...
This recipe, based on a low country boil, would traditionally include shrimp instead of mu...