Freshly picked spruce tips add an incredible lemony-forest aroma to this otherwise simple cream sauce.
Roast Garlic and Spruce CreamDecember 2, 2015 Print
Recipe courtesy of Todd Perrin, Mallard Cottage, Quidi Vidi, N.L.
- 3 cups (750 ml) whipping cream
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 3 or 4 fresh spruce tips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and sauté onion until soft.
- Squeeze roasted garlic head to release the softened cloves into pan with onion.
- Add cream and simmer 5 minutes, add spruce tips and simmer 10 minutes.
- Strain out the solid ingredients and put the cream mixture into another pot, reduce about one-third.
- Season to taste and serve.
This dish is best served medium-rare, which brings out the full flavour of this lean wild ...
This earthy and acidic braised cabbage is an excellent accompaniment to any wild game bird...
Smoking on hay may sound exotic, but this is a simple technique that infuses game birds li...