Aligot is a French dish of potatoes, garlic and cheese. These are no ordinary mashed potatoes!
Roasted Garlic AligotMay 3, 2013 Print
Recipe courtesy of Ron Muise, Wandering Shepherd Cheese
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) local floury potatoes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (150 ml) cream
- 4 cloves roasted local garlic
- 3/4 cup (165 g) Lauchie’s Tomme
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes, drain, and peel skins. Let dry for a few minutes.
- Put through a food mill or a potato ricer.
- Fold in cold butter, cut in tiny pieces. When fully absorbed, slowly fold in warm cream.
- Add roasted garlic and cheese. Season to taste.
This recipe was featured in the article C'est fromage!