Yields 4 servings
Skillet cornbreadSeptember 14, 2020 Print
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup creamed corn
- 1 can mild green chilies (14 oz)
- ½ cup grated white cheddar, Monterey jack
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat 9” heavy iron skillet in the oven at 400 °F.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Whisk creamed corn, chilies, and cheese.
- Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add mixture until just combined.
- Mix in dry ingredients until barely incorporated.
- Remove skillet from oven and lightly coat with spray.
- Add batter (should be sizzling).
- Bake until top is brown and springs back when pressed.
- Let cool about 10–15 minutes before serving.